Want to see what we bought for this week’s $70 grocery budget? I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
I was excited about the weekend deals this week! Since the Labor Day sales went through Monday, we split up our budget so that we got some of them last week and some of them this week.
Monday’s Kroger Shopping Trip
- 5 bags of Tyson Anytizers — $3.99 each with the weekend deals
- 4 bags of frozen veggies — $1 each
- Milk — $2.89
- Half & Half — $1.99
- 2 half gallons Almond milk — $1.99 each
- 3 dozen eggs — marked down to $1.29/dozen
- 5 boxes of Betty Crocker brownie and cake mix — $0.50 each with weekend deals
- Total with tax: $42.03
I can’t remember the last time I bought Lunchables, but my kids absolutely love them. So when I saw that they were priced at just $0.99 at Kroger this weekend, I surprised them by getting them some. Needless to say, they were THRILLED!
Friday Kroger Shopping Trip
- 5 boxes Lunchables — $0.99 each with the Friday-Saturday deals
- 4 lbs. ground beef — marked down to $2.49 each
- 1 bag of lemons — marked down to $0.99
- 2 bags of grapes — $0.99/lb.
- 1 tub lettuce — marked down to $1.79
- 2 family size boxes of cereal — $1.99 each with the Friday-Saturday deals
- Total with tax: $27
What We Ate This Past Week
Note: When you see the meals below, please remember this: I buy ahead often. Which means that when I find a great deal on something I know we’ll use, I buy as much as I can afford in our budget to have on hand.
This means that you aren’t going to see all of the groceries my shopping trip that I used to make all of the meals we ate.
Please also remember that I’m putting this out there and it’s not a perfectly balanced menu. This is just really what we ate — and I hope that it encourages you to see the real-ness and lack of perfection here.
- Cereal, Toast, Oatmeal, Eggs, Smoothies
- Chicken, Capri Sun, Salad, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, PB & Honey Sandwich, Leftovers, Fruit, Crackers,
- Cookies, Eggs, Popcorn, Ice Cream, Apple Crisp, Fruit, Veggies
- Sunday — Out to eat at Chili’s
- Monday — Chicken, Roasted Broccoli
- Tuesday — Chicken/Broccoli/Rice Casserole
- Wednesday — Breakfast for Dinner: French Toast
- Thursday — Pizza
- Friday — Fend for yourself
- Saturday — Cereal
Total spent on groceries: $69.03