Want to see what we bought for this week’s $70 grocery budget? I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
Well, it was another week of travel and adventures — so I didn’t track what we ate in order to share in a post. But I did make it to Kroger twice and Sprouts once and got some great deals.
I thought it would be fun to share a little peek into our week + what I bought at the grocery store.
For Father’s Day, Jesse wanted to try out this new brunch restaurant in town. It was delicious and we had fun celebrating this man we love so much!
We also ran by Kroger and Sprouts to pick up some deals. Sprouts was having their weekend deals and I didn’t want to miss them.
Sprouts Shopping Trip
- Sweet corn — 6 for $1 (weekend deal)
- 3 dozen cage free eggs — $1.88 per dozen (weekend deal)
- 1 Coconut Bliss “ice cream” — used free coupon (I got the Peanut Butter Chocolate and it is good!) — I forgot to take this out of the freezer to put in the photo!
- Total with tax: $7.49
I also wanted to get to grab a few of the Kroger Buy 5, Get $5 off deals on Sunday since I knew I was going to be out of town for the next few days. I especially wanted to get 5 boxes of the $0.99 Quaker Granola bars.
Kroger Shopping Trip #1
- 5 boxes of Quaker Granola Bars — $0.99 each when you buy 5 participating items
- 2 bags Jef Puffed Marshmallows — marked down to $0.69 each (I’m going to stick these in the freezer for rice krispy treats.)
- 3 packages of Hillshire Sausage — $1.88 each with weekend deal
- Private Selection Barbecue Sauce — used free coupon (no longer available)
- 1 bag Kroger Pot Roast — marked down to $5.49
- 5 bags of produce — marked down to $0.99 per bag
- 2 packages of ground turkey — marked down to $2.69 each
- Izzio Multigrain Bread — marked down to $1.29
- Spinach — marked down to $1.79
- 5 packages of Goldfish — $0.99 each when you buy 5 participating items
- Kroger Private Selection ice cream (not pictured — I forgot to take it out of the freezer for the picture!) — used free coupon (no longer available)
- Milk — $2.69
- Kroger oatmeal — $1.59, used $0.40/1 coupon Kroger mailed to me = $1.09
- Total with tax: $42.12
I left on Monday morning to fly to Dallas for my mom to have surgery.
My Time in Kansas
I rode back to Wichita, KS with my parents on Monday evening after my mom’s surgery and I stayed with them through Wednesday evening. I got to hang out with my mom and help take care of her during the day while my dad went to work.
In addition to getting to spend lots of time talking with her, I helped a little with my brother’s eBay business (my Mom and sister are running the business for him while he’s away serving as a counselor at the Wild’s camp in NC), and make yummy food for my mom and me (she’s the one who first inspired me to love salads so much!)
I flew back to TN on Wednesday night — just in time to celebrate Kaitlynn’s birthday on Thursday! Can you believe she is 12?
I wrote a letter to her here that shares some of my thoughts on her life and the joy and spark she brings to us.
I always take each child out on a birthday date of their choosing. Kaitlynn chose to go to a place that makes rolled ice cream and Bubble Milk Tea. It was my first time to have both of them and we had such a fun outing together!
Our Trip to Iceland
As many of you know, it’s our family goal to visit all 7 continents and 50 states by the time Kathrynne turns 18. We had planned to visit Europe this summer but prices to places like London and Rome are crazy during June and July. However, I found some cheap tickets to Iceland and jumped on them!
So we packed up on Friday morning to head to Iceland… but not before hitting the Friday-Saturday Kroger deals (I couldn’t pass up $0.99 cheese!)
Kroger Shopping Trip #2
- 4 bags of Kettle chips, 1 bag of Snyder’s pretzel’s — $0.99 each with Friday-Saturday deals
- 5 packages of Kroger cheese — $0.99 each with Friday-Saturday deals
- 5 bottles of Pace salsa — $0.99 each with Friday-Saturday deals
- 1 package bacon — $2.99 with Friday-Saturday deals
- Total with tax: $18.96
Grocery Totals: $68.75
Want to follow along with our Iceland trip and get tips for how we are doing it on a budget? Be sure to follow my stories on Instagram this week!