I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 grocery budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and we will be compensated if you click through and sign up. Read our disclosure policy here.
I took Silas to the store with me on Tuesday to see what deals we could find at Kroger. I did all my shopping during the school year when they were at school, so it’s been awhile since he and I have gone to the store together.
Silas was SO impressed with the deals I was able to find and it reminded me that I should take my kids with me at least occasionally — because I want them to learn how to be strategic shoppers at the grocery store, too!
Tuesday Kroger Shopping Trip — $20.74
- Brown Cage-Free Eggs – marked down to $1.29
- 5 cucumbers — marked down to $0.99
- Colgate toothpaste — $1.79 when you buy 5 participating items, used $2/1 digital coupon = free + overage after the coupon
- 1 bottle of Core — Free with the FREE Friday download e-coupon
- 2 bottles of Santa Cruz organic lemonade — $0.99 when you 5 participating items, used $1/2 hangtag coupon = $0.49 each after coupon
- Goldfish crackers — $0.99 when you buy 5 participating items
- 2 Suave Kids body wash — $0.99 each when you buy 5 participating items
- Kroger Honey Nut Toasted Oats — $1.49
- 6 boxes of Cheerios — $1.49 per box when you buy 5 participating items, used 2 $1/2 coupons + 2 $0.50/1 coupons (no longer available) = $0.99 per box after coupons
- 3 tubs Edy’s ice cream — $2.49 per tub when you buy 5 participating items, used $2/3 coupon (no longer available) = $1.83 per tub
- Total with tax: $20.74
To see more details on my shopping trip, watch my video above. (And you can subscribe to my YouTube channel here if you’re interested in watching other shopping haul videos, recipe videos, and more money-saving videos!)
We have a weird week this week when it comes to meals. Kaitlynn and Jesse were out of town the beginning of the week, we have multiple things going on in the evenings, and we were invited over to two different family’s houses for dinner!
The only thing we’re hosting this week is my Discipleship Small Group — and I’m just serving snacks for that (I think we’re doing cheese & crackers, fruit, Banana Bread, and sparkling water).
So our menu is super, crazy simple!
This Week’s Super Simple Menu Plan
This menu is subject to change a little if I find some great deals or markdowns! 🙂
Fried/Scrambled Eggs, Baked Oatmeal, Cereal, Fruit, Toast
Ham Sandwiches, Mac & Cheese, Cereal, Chips/Salsa, Fruit, Veggies, Leftovers, Eggs, Yogurt, Salad
Monday — Southwest Roll-Ups from the freezer, salad
Tuesday — Leftovers (Jesse and Kaitlynn gone so I’m keeping it simple and we’re doing a Clean Out the Fridge night!)
Wednesday —Breakfast for dinner: Waffles, Eggs
Thursday — Cookout & Game Night at our friends’ house — I’m bringing some hot dogs and buns from the freezer.
Friday — Dinner at another friend’s house
Saturday — Snack-y Dinner (fend for yourself — cereal, leftovers, etc.)
Sunday — Brats (from the freezer), Sliced Cucumbers, Fruit, Crackers/Cheese
Total Spending So Far This Week
Total spent so far this week: $20.74
Total left to spend: $49.26
Rebates: $0.25 for submitting a receipt to Ibotta, $0.56 back from Fetch Rewards for purchasing Goldfish & Suave (If you haven’t signed up for Fetch Rewards, you can sign up here and use code WW7XJ and you’ll get a bonus 2,000 points = worth $2.)