Mommin’ ain’t easy. It truly takes a village to raise children. The same can be said for taking care of mothers.
None of us wants to feel like we’re a burden on the people we love, so we often keep our stress and our personal needs to ourselves. As much as your mom friend needs to feel heard, they also want to be there for their friends, too. Help maintain the mom friendships in your life by fostering connections built on grace and understanding, and reminding your friends of the awesome women they are outside of being “mom.”
Here are five ways you can encourage and be there for the mom friends in your life.
1. Invite Her Out — With The Kids And Without
2. Let Her Know It’s Okay Not To Do It All
3. Take Her Kids Out To Play
4. Allow Her To Bring Her Entire Self To The Conversation
5. Keep In Touch With Handwritten Notes