Does something in the back of your mind keep hinting that you are meant for more than this? Do you ever wonder if this life has something greater in store? Do you wonder if you’re accomplishing everything God has set out for you?
Christians everywhere today settle for so much less than God’s best. They never get to experience the joy and fulfillment that is available to them because they give up on themselves and God’s plan too early. They settle for what is comfortable and easy. However through faith in God, you can find that excitement for life again.
When the world doesn’t recognize your potential, the Lord does. He wants you to discover the exclusive purpose for your life. The Lord has blessed us each with unique personalities, skill sets, abilities, dreams and talents to achieve something specific as a part of His bigger plan. This leads us to become the best version of ourselves we can be, because our hearts get filled with the love of Jesus Christ.
As Ephesians 2:10 instructs, “We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.” We can become excited to reach our potential for Jesus!
Truths About Your Potential
The Word of God tells us some truths about God’s children reaching their potentials. First, every person does have a higher potential they can reach. No matter how much you have achieved already, God always has more in store for you.
Secondly, every person has been created by God to bring Him glory. We can accomplish this by being the people He made us to be. We are able to do this as a collective in our church, or by fulfilling our individual purposes on earth. He made all of us individually to be beautiful and perfect in our own way and God made no mistakes.
Thirdly, no one can reach our potential without the help of God. God created us with certain talents and gifts that we have to use in order to reach our full potential. When we try to separate ourselves from God, or what gifts He gave us, we will always fall short of a fulfilled life. Only God can give us the opportunities for displaying and using our talents in ways that produce real growth.
Lastly, only God knows the limits of your potential. The potential you have to be the best person you can be is a concept we will never be able to grasp. We cannot ever fathom all the amazing things God has purposed for us. He has so many blessing and plans prepared for us that we have to trust in His plan and timing.
Bible Verses to Inspire You
If you are running into issues trying to find motivation and inspiration to further yourself, turn to the Bible. Here are some verses that will give you the extra boost you need.
- And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man. – Luke 2:52
- Put these abilities to work; throw yourself into your tasks so that everyone may notice your improvement and progress. – 1 Timothy 4:15
- So don’t lose a minute in building on what you’ve been given, complementing your basic faith with good character, spiritual understanding, alert discipline, passionate patience, reverent wonder, warm friendliness, and generous love, each dimension fitting into and developing the others. With these qualities active and growing in your lives, no grass will grow under your feet, no day will pass without its reward as you mature in your experience of our Master Jesus. – 2 Peter 1:5-15
- Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. – Isaiah 60:1
- You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. – Matthew 5:14-16
- The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. – Proverbs 4:18
How to Reach Your Potential
In order to reach your potential, you have to build an intimate relationship with God. You have to build yourself to trust in His plan and His timing, so that you do not give up too early. You have to trust that the gifts He gave you were for a specific reason, even if you haven’t had the opportunity to use them yet. The Lord will present opportunities to you that will advance your talents. He orchestrates your life to put you into the company of the right teachers, encouragers, and even competitors – all of whom have a role in pushing you to achieve your full potential.
Create a dialog with Christ and He will guide you on the right path. He is our teacher and the Bible is His textbook. We can use these tools He has given us to learn about ourselves and the path we were born to pursue. Through further discipline as a Christian we learn what it means to obey. And like any good educator, He will test you to reveal areas of weakness and growth.
To reach your full potential you must hand your life over to Christ first. Through teaching and discipline, the Lord molds and perfects us for His purposes. The Holy Spirit works in our lives, changing us so we will accept and follow God’s will. When you truly grasp the Lord’s commitment to helping you fulfill your destiny, hope is inevitable.