Obviously, it’s too early to discuss full details, but flying is going to work the same way as in previous expansion is WoW Shadowlands.
This post is based entirely on speculation from what we learned at BlizzCon’s World of Warcraft Q&A and from the interviews.
Shadowlands Pathfinder, Part One
Based on previous expansions, Shadowlands Pathfinder, Part One should have these requirements:
- Explore the new Shadowlands zones;
- Reach Revered with all the new 9.0 factions;
- Complete zone questlines;
- Complete 100 different World Quests in Shadowlands;
- In Battle for Azeroth, players had to complete the War Campaign Ready for War/Ready for War, so in Shadowlands, it’s possible that you will need to complete a specific Covenant questline.
Completing the achievement should increase your Mount Speed by 20% in Shadowlands.
Shadowlands Pathfinder, Part Two
The second part of the achievement should be added in Patch 9.2. Again, this is based on speculation, extrapolating from Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder, Part Two added in Patch 8.2 and Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two added in Legion’s Patch 7.2.
The second major content patch of an expansion usually comes with new zones and reputations. Thus, the requirements could be:
- Earning Shadowlands Pathfinder, Part One;
- Exploring the new 9.2 zones;
- Reaching Revered with the new 9.2 factions.
Completing all requirements would unlock flying in Shadowlands and maybe there will be a mount too, as we have Wonderwing 2.0 in Battle for Azeroth.
Moving Between the Zones
If you look closely at the map of Shadowlands, it’s clear that the zones are not connected to each other.
We don’t know at this time how moving between the zones will be handled, but we have some theories:
- Oribos (the Sanctuary) could host portals to all the individual zones;
- Shadowlands could come with a Vindicaar-style teleport system as we saw on Argus;
- Maybe there won’t be any restrictions and we will be able to fly freely between the zones as in Outland.
Level Squish & Old Pathfinder Removal?
With a complete overhaul of the leveling system which comes with a squish, we started speculating about the potential removal of obsolete Pathfinder achievements from previous expansions, namely Draenor, Broken Isles in WoW Shadowlands.
You will be able to pick any expansion for leveling before heading to Shadowlands, but it doesn’t really make sense to pick let’s say Draenor or Legion zones for the sake of speed when you haven’t earned the Pathfinder in these zones before.
Do you like the current Pathfinder model or would you like to see changes to flying? Let us know in the comments.