It’s been an exciting week so far, with PS5 details and new Avengers trailer. If you’re a Fortnite fan, the week is about to get even better with a new wave of challenges to complete. Naturally, spending the time and effort to finish these mini-quests will score you with Battle Stars that level up your Battle Pass and unlock cosmetics.
As always, there are two sets of challenges. The first is a free set that’s available to anyone playing the game, while the second is exclusively for those that have spent V-Bucks on a premium Battle Pass. In the former’s category, players will need to find a treasure map, use vending machines, and dish out damage to enemies while also using a balloon.
Meanwhile, if you’ve got a premium Battle Pass you’ll need to search Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces, dial the Durr Burger number on a specific phone, take out enemies in Dusty Divot or Lucky Landing, and then kill two enemies from at least 50m away.
Fortnite Season 8, Week 8 Challenges
- Stage 1: Search the treasure map signpost in Paradise Palms (1) — 2 Battle Star
- Use Vending Machines in different matches (3) — 5 Battle Stars
- Deal damage to opponents while using at least one balloon (100) — 10 Battle Stars
- Search Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces under bridges and in caves (7) — 5 Battle Stars
- Stage 1: Dial the Durr Burger number on the big telephone west of Fatal Fields (1) — 2 Battle Stars
- Eliminate opponents at Dusty Divot or Lucky Landing (7) — 10 Battle Stars
- Eliminate opponents from at least 50m away (2) — 10 Battle Stars
The latest Fortnite update added a new LTM oriented around dogfighting. Patch 8.40 introduced Air Royale, which lets players “pilot the X-4 Stormwing in this Limited-Time Mode as you fight to become the last plane flying! Complete free Challenges to unlock brand new Wraps as you rule the skies.”
Alongside it, Epic also brought back Food Fight, but as a variant called Deep Fried. It features higher restaurant bases, which means teams must build up to them to protect their mascots. There are a number of other tweaks and changes to the game, and you can see it all in the Fortnite update 8.40 patch notes.