Both the rosters of Raw and Smackdown came together on Sunday, December 16 for the WWE PPV TLC, where the sports entertainment superstars used tables, ladders, and chairs to beat down their opponents. Things got pretty brutal that evening, especially during the main event match.
The show took place in San Jose, California at the SAP Center, and the card was stacked with 12 matches over the course of the evening. Yes, that is a lot of matches for a non-major WWE PPV. There were plenty of titles on the line and plenty of foreign objects allowed in these matches. TLC is a bit of a crazy beast. Check out all the matches in the order they aired.
TLC Match Card:
- Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Cedric Alexander (Cruiserweight Championship) — Kickoff Show
- Elias vs. Bobby Lashley (Ladder Match) — Kickoff Show
- R-Truth & Carmella vs. Jinder Mahal & Alicia Fox (Finals of MMC Season 2)
- The Bar (c) vs. The New Day vs. The Usos (SmackDown Tag Team Championships)
- Braun Strowman vs. Baron Corbin (TLC Match)
- Natalya vs. Ruby Riott (Tables Match)
- Finn Bálor vs. Drew McIntyre
- Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton (Chairs Match)
- Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Nia Jax (Raw Women’s Championship)
- (The New) Daniel Bryan (c) vs. AJ Styles (WWE Championship)
- Seth Rollins (c) vs. Dean Ambrose (Intercontinental Championship)
- Becky Lynch (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka (Triple Threat TLC Match For The Smackdown Women’s Championship)
Before this PPV kicked off, I had no expectations. I thought it was going to be pretty awful, as there were 12 matches on the card, and Raw’s side of things had little to no build-up to its matches. And I was wrong. The WWE PPV ended up being quite a bit of fun, even with the shorter matches and lack of strong stories. At times, the fights didn’t feel like PPV matches, but it was all fine and dandy throughout the evening, as TLC is nothing more than a pit stop on the way to Royal Rumble anyway, which in itself is a pit stop on the way to Wrestlemania.
Like everyone on the internet, I have strong opinions about what happened during the WWE event, so I wrote down all my thoughts, ranked the matches and have presented them to you. Here’s what I thought about all the matches during the evening at the WWE PPV, TLC.